Friday, 16 October 2015

"It's a LAKSHADWEEPIAN FOOD!!!!"


     There is a story behind this title and it has some connection with my cooking. I used to cook something for the evening tea. That particular day was special to me because it was my first wedding aniversary day. So I planned to make a cake on that day. I'm not at all well in cooking, eventhough I usually get good results from its taster. I usually made some mistakes while cooking and that particular mistakes help me to find some other dishes.
       Here also, my planning was to make an egg cake, but my final result was another one. I couldn't use pressure cooker for some reasons and my ideas leads me to that dish. With the same available ingrediants I completed my new dish successfully. I hadn't given a name for it till it reaches dining table. For my new dish I used,
  Egg            - 4 nos
Milk             - 1/2 cup
Sugar          - 3 teaspoon
Cardamom - 2 nos
Cashewnut- 6 nos
        I beat four eggs for ten minutes. Then added milk, sugar and cardamon into it and again beat it for another ten minutes. I poured the mixture into each column of 'iddli cooker' after applying some ghee in it. Then cooked it for 15 minutes. Atlast, my new dish became ready within 35 minutes and I served it with cashew topping.
        The dish got a quick fame in my family and everyone of the family enquired about its name. So I gave them a quick reply that "its a lakshadweepian dish and its name is LAKSHADWEEPIAN EGG IDDLI!!!!!!!"

4 comments: